Call for Doctoral Consortium
TVX (formerly known as EuroITV) is the leading international conference for presentation and discussion of research into online video and TV interaction and user experience. The TVX Doctoral Consortium (DC) serves as a forum for PhD students to share ideas about the development, use, and evaluation of interactive television and online video, compare approaches, discuss research problems and receive feedback from the international Interactive Television community.PhD students working in the area of interactive television are welcome to submit a paper to the Doctoral Consortium for TVX. The doctoral consortium will take place on 25th June 2014. Financial support towards registration costs for up to 8 students are provided.
The selection of students PhD papers will be based on the technical quality and originality of their submissions to the Doctoral Consortium and will be included in the adjunct proceedings of the conference (not the conference proceedings, which go into the ACM DL).
Guidelines for submitting doctoral consortium papers:
Submissions should describe PhD research that is at a stage where feedback from the international interactive TV community might be of value. Thus, it is expected that students who will submit papers should have specified the research problems that their work will address, and have already made (or are close to making) their PhD research proposal. They should also have at least a year of work remaining to complete their PhD thesis.
Submissions must be between 2-4 pages (including references). They should be well organised and structured in a way that demonstrates the links between the concepts presented, and they should clearly specify:
- A real world problem that relates to and motivates the PhD
- The concrete research problem(s) that the (proposed) PhD is addressing and how this fits into the bigger picture of other research that addresses the real world problem
- The aims and objectives of the research
- The methods used to achieve the objectives and the proposed solution(s), including a brief description of work done so far and a tentative plan for future work
- The main contribution(s) of the research to iTV and justification why the contribution will lead to a PhD
Contact the Doctoral Consortium chairs for more information: Hendrik Knoche and Nicholas Race (firstname.lastname@example.org)